Dust-Me Selectors for Firefox
The long-awaited Version 3 adds support for all contemporary Firefox versions, up to and including Firefox 15. It has a huge number of bugfixes, feature overhauls and efficiency improvements, most significantly:
- A ten-fold increase in scanning speed, which means the spider can now test up to five pages per second, where the previous version would take up to two seconds per page.
Additional improvements and new features include:
Added the ability to pause and resume the spider at any time.
Startbutton will automatically change to
continueif you enter the URL of a sitemap you're part-way through, or you can use the
Continue spiderbutton that now appears at the bottom of the log.
- Added notifications for when a find or spider operation has finished (using Growl for Mac OS X, or toaster notifications for Windows and Linux), with corresponding preferences to enable or disable them for each operation.
Extended the preference
Don't spider nofollow links, so you can define which
RELattribute values are used for this condition, and control whether the condition is to include or exclude those links.
- Improved status reporting in the spider dialog, using the separate connecting and loading state icons introduced in Firefox 4.
- Added favicon images to the spider dialog's URL textbox.
- If a sitemap URL is redirected, the final URL is now listed as the sitemap host and location, rather than the original typed URL.
- Simplified the icon contextmenu (in the add-on bar), so that it only includes the most important items; the main Toolbar menu remains the same, but has been moved to the Web Developer sub-menu.
Spider this page...shortcut to the document context-menu, with a corresponding preference to enable or disable it.
- Cleaner icons and other cosmetic tweaks in the dialogs and menus.
- Fixed the spider's ability to add sitemap URLs and favicons to the browser history.
- Added the recommended workaround for bug 408668.
Fixed a bug in the spider so it can load
@importstylesheets from inside IE-conditional stylesheets, where before only top-level CC stylesheets could be loaded and checked.
Skip pagebutton from the spider dialog, since the spider goes so fast now it's impossible to use.
To all of you who've encouraged the continual development of this extension, and particularly to Will Morrison — a big thank you! Version 4 is already in development ...